The HBCU Consortium is the creation of the C3 Cluster, a collaboration between Morgan State University (MSU), Norfolk State University (NSU), and Tennessee State University (TSU) through the UNCF Career Pathways Initiative. Our vision is to significantly increase the number of undergraduate of students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) who graduate with quality college degrees that prepare them for meaningful careers through:
- The collaborative identification and adoption of innovative teaching practices,
- Sharing insights about their effectiveness,
- Establishing new standards based on the successful best practices and scaling those successes.
In order to enact transformation, the HBCU Consortium is focusing its efforts on the most valuable resources of the university, faculty and staff. The development of faculty and staff will subsequently have a positive impact on students at pivotal stages of their undergraduate careers.
Meet the C3
The UNCF Career Pathways Initiative (CPI), funded by Lilly Endowment, is a $50 million investment over a seven-year period,that helps four-year HBCUs and PBIs strengthen institutional career placement outcomes with the goal of increasing the number of graduates who immediately transition to meaningful jobs in their chosen fields.
The C3 institutions collaboration is established on commonalities in the following areas:
- Geographically located in urban regions
- Developed connection to growing industries including healthcare, financial services, cybersecurity, engineering, and a variety of helping professions (e.g., education; social work)
- Academic profiles of students
- Strong alumni base